Digital comics are more popular, and easier than ever before. If you want to sell your comic on Discount-comics.com, you have several digital format options.
- PDF – Convert your art to a standard PDF file. Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat, or freeware can convert your scanned comic to a PDF. PDF files are easy to create, but they will be larger file sizes than the formats below
- ZIP – Create a compressed ZIP file containing your individual comic pages as either .PNG, .JPG, or .BMP image files. IMPORTANT name your files with a sequential numbering, so they appear in the right order. For example use names “Page01.jpg”, “Page02.jpg”, … “Page 10.jpg”
- RAR – Created the same as a ZIP file, but using RAR compression
- CBZ – A CBZ file is a popular comic archive file. All you have to do to create a ZIP file and then rename it. For example rename myComic.zip to myComic.cbz, and you’ve created a CBZ file
- CBR – A CBR file is like a CBZ, but it is created by renaming a RAR file to CBR
Any of these options work for uploading your digital comic to Discount-comics.com, but the best choice is as compressed file such as ZIP, RAR, CBZ, or CBR, as these provide the same content to readers with smaller file sizes.